Competitive grants are available for up to $100,000 per year ($50,000 for construction projects) for one or two year projects.
Projects must be theme related (see list below) or a designated Critical Local Need. (A Critical Local Need has been designated as such in the official minutes of a county or municipality governing board.)
Grant year: October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014.
Eligible applicants include county and municipal governments in the 11 coastal counties, regional and state agencies (other than DNR) and state affiliated educational and research institutions.
1:1 non-federal match required (cash or in-kind).
Cycle 16 Coastal Incentive Grant Themes
2) Protection, Conservation, Restoration and/or Management of Coastal Habitats
3) Disaster-Resilient Communities and Coastal Hazards
4) Improve and/or Create Public Access to Coastal Natural Resources
5) Sustainable Community Development
6) Promotion of Ecological and Heritage Tourism and/or Protection of Ecological and Heritage Resources
Two regional information sessions will be conducted in which Coastal Resources Division staff will be available to answer questions regarding the Coastal Incentive Grant application package and process. (Note: These sessions are informal and intended to address procedural information relating to the application process. The meetings are not intended to provide in-depth advice on the strengths or weaknesses of an individual project. To discuss specific projects please contact DNR-CRD staff directly.) The meeting times and locations are:
110 East State Street